The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See “Other Information” for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE PRIVACY - GOVERNMENTAL LIAISON & DISCLOSURE (PGLD) DIVISION? PGLD is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ASSISTANT DO? IRS Management and Program Assistants perform a wide range of duties in most major IRS organizations. These duties may include researching specific programs or issues, collecting relevant statistics and other data, and assisting in preparing reports with supporting tables, charts and illustrations. Management and Program Assistants use word processing, database and spreadsheet software to prepare and create memos, reports and records in final form.
As a Management and Program Assistant, you will:
- Assist analysts; specialists, technicians and other higher grade assistants in performing analytical and technical work;
- Identify potential and actual problems; and probable causes;
- Research special issues and gather pertinent statistics or information;
- Report findings for the full scope of a program or function or identify this information for an aspect or aspects of a program or function.
- Prepare memoranda, preliminary reports, spreadsheets and charts showing findings of recommendations;
- Perform administrative tasks (e.g., filing, timekeeping, organizing/coordinating meetings and conferences, ordering office supplies, etc)
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/544089000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.