This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-4 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-12 and GS-13; the ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as an ENGINEER/SCIENTIST in the RANGES, ENGINEERING AND ANALYSIS DEPARTMENT; DEVELOPMENT ASSESSMENT SUSTAINMENT DIVISION of NAVUNSEAWARCENDIV NEWPORT RI.
- You will serve as the Technical Program Manager (TPM) in support of PMS404 for the Torpedo Safety Program.
- You will perform system safety analysis and participate in, and present at, the Weapons Systems Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB), Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP), and other board meetings.
- You will develop task statements to provide to the System Safety Branch Head to support staffing needs, develop an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for all PMS404 System Safety Tasking, and manage the PMS 404 System Safety finances.
- You will perform a variety of tasks involving the research, design and development of complex state-of-the-art naval equipment and systems, providing technical support to a team of system safety engineers.
- You will be the System Safety lead for a group of System Safety engineers supporting Weapons Safety.
- You will be responsible for ensuring various Systems Safety efforts are evaluated and analyzed to ensure system safety standards per guidance are met and/or achieved.
- You will negotiate System Safety Tasking with the Program Office, develops and provide inputs to the System Safety Management Plan (SSMP), develops task statements to provide to the System Safety Branch Head to support staffing needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543997500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.