This position is located at the Voice of America's Africa Division in Washington, DC. The incumbent serves as an International Broadcaster with the Portuguese Service responsible for conceiving, planning, researching, writing and broadcasting original audio/video/digital scripts of a highly complex nature and for providing Internet content for websites.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Writes news-related stories for use in radio, television or Internet posting. Prepares integrated, highly-targeted, well-balanced scripts, radio/television programs or Internet web presentations that captures the attention of the audience.
- Writes feature stories on a variety of subjects for radio, television or web posting.
- Adapts and/or translates material, which may include simultaneous translations.
- Edits broadcast segments, including stringer reports.
- Participates in the development of regularly scheduled radio or television programs. Initiates coverage of news and features, participates fully in coverage of major events and in the preparation and execution of broadcast remotes.
- Contributes to the production elements, including editing of taped material, evaluation of stringer reports and production of live air shows.
- Prepares and/or presents news and feature materials in a studio or on location for radio/television simulcast. May serve as show host.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543889500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.