This position provides advisory and technical services in the area of Employee Relations/Labor Relations (ER/LR). The employee is responsible for assignments which require analyzing and evaluating controversial and complex projects and cases, (disciplinary, adverse action and major adverse actions), developing formal and informal assistance and advice, and conducting special assignments related to the DVA employee and labor relations program at the Kansas City VA Medical Center (KCVA).Learn more about this agency
Specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes existing and new requirements impacting the program and provides recommendations for management's consideration
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of ER/LR & Federal personnel laws, statues, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), case law (FLRA & MSPB & EEOC), theories, rules and resolution processes to analyze data in conjunction with KCVA's mission and recommend solutions
- Provides guidance and consultation advice to management and employees on all aspects of complex issues relating to union grievances; unfair labor practices (ULPs); collective bargaining; labor agreement administration and interpretation; and MSPB, EEOC and FLRA adjudications
- Advises and assists management in negotiating changes in working conditions and supplemental bargaining agreement
- Provides situational analysis involving very sensitive, complex and controversial ER/LR matters to determine appropriate course of action
- Develops and proposes courses of action to resolve problems and issues based on knowledge and interpretation of employee and labor-management relations, statues, administrative case law, regulations and policies. Works with all levels of management and unions to resolve grievances
- Takes part in mediation sessions and participates in FLRA, EEOC and MSPB and its' associated entities, utilizing knowledge of the policies, procedures and precedents of relevant adjudicating bodies.
- Analyzes grievances, complaints, and ULPs to identify systematic problems and recommend solutions.
- Represents management at various litigation entities (i.e., MSPB, arbitration, FLRA, EEOC, etc.)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: HR Specialist (ER LR)/PD05007-A and PD05006-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543795400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.