THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a VICE AIR COMMANDER, Position Description Number D1469000 and is part of the WY 153rd Airlift Wing, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Wyoming Air National Guard's 153d Airlift Wing. The incumbent of this position functions as the full assistant to the Air Commander. Its primary purpose is to provide leadership and management of the flying unit, to provide manpower, equipment, and training in peacetime, in preparation to perform the wartime mission. The incumbent is accountable with the Air Commander in complying with a wide variety of federal, state, and local authorities on all aspects of operations, personnel, equipment, funds, and real property in the accomplishment of duties. In addition, this position may have similar supervisory and/or support responsibilities for other flying and non-flying units which may be collocated or geographically separated.
1. Directly and through group commanders, incumbent assists the Air Commander in determining unit goals which are the foundation for long and short range planning and execution of all unit programs, and provides a focus for all unit functions and activities.
2. Responsible for accomplishment of the unit mission flying training program. Ensures flying hour/sortie program meets requirements, and the unit achieves mission training and/or combat readiness objectives.
3. Assists the Air Commander in ensuring the availability of mission capable aircraft to meet unit flying program and alert/contingency requirements.
4. Assists the Air Commander in ensuring the formulation, presentation, justification, and execution of an allocated multi-million dollar budget involving several major force elements and state funds.
5. Assists the Air Commander to plan, organize, direct and control real estate and facility construction, maintenance and repair, and utilization.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543696300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.