About the Position: Fort Hood rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas between Killeen and Copperas Cove and is approximately 60 miles north of the capital city of Austin, 50 miles south of Waco, 160 miles south of Dallas, and 150 miles north of San Antonio. For everyone who enjoys the outdoors, The Great Place is the ideal location, because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities.Learn more about this agency
At the full performance GS-12 level you will:
- Serve as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) on contracts.
- Provide professional engineering services to all Post activities as needed.
- Act as lead designer and coordinator for projects involving other engineering disciplines.
- Utilize engineering concepts and problem solving techniques in accomplishing projects involving new installation or upgrades of production processes or systems.
- Assist in training lower level engineers in the organization, and serves as technical advisor to lower grade engineers or engineer technicians as needed on complex design problems.
- Serve as sole designer for projects involving complex civil, structural, foundations/soils, or site problems requiring extensive research or broad application of engineering principles.
- Perform work for projects associated with large, multi-tenant office buildings, production facilities, storage buildings, utilities systems, roads, railroads, bridges, and ground improvements.
- Provide technical support and assistance in troubleshooting to trades personnel in areas such as wood or steel construction, concrete practice, utilities systems operations or components, and similar areas.
- Perform professional engineering work in the preparation of civil, structural, and architectural designs, drawings, and specifications for construction, alteration, renovation, addition, and rehabilitation projects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 5% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543655700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.