What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $107,630 (Step 01) to $139,916 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to current or former Federal employees: SAC-2019-0370
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.Learn more about this agency
As Manager of the National Strong Motion Data Center (NSMDC) within the Earthquake Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Oversees the collection, processing, analysis, and interpretation and distribution of strong-motion waveforms from the National Strong Motion Project and networks of the Advanced National Seismic Systems.
- Develops new methods and techniques for data processing.
- Develops, modifies, and improves computer systems for gathering, processing. archiving, and disseminating strong-motion data.
- Collaborates on the development and operation of the Center for Engineering Strong Motion Data, a cooperative data center of the USGS and the California Geological Survey. for the distribution of strong-motion data to the engineering community.
- Ensures that Advanced National Seismic System strong-motion data are distributed through the Center for Engineering Strong Motion Data portal.
The work is mostly sedentary.
Work is performed in an office environment.
Occasional travel - An average of 1 night per month of overnight travel may be required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543630700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.