NEH is an independent grant-making agency of the government dedicated to supporting research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of Communications. The incumbent serves in the position of Public Affairs Specialist and leads the coordination and use of digital tools across the agency to execute the agency's communications goals that promote NEH grant programs and products.
- Aids the Director of Communications in all digital communications, including social media, newsletters, etc., working in collaboration with the Communications team and agency staff.
- Assists in developing a digital communication strategy that will allow the NEH to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences, including Congress, the executive branch, media, and key influencers.
- Monitors systems that track and document communications and public engagement and outreach activities, and assists in managing a comprehensive editorial calendar.
- Creates content for social media content for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and other NEH channels, tied to agency events and happenings in the humanities infrastructure.
- Identifies challenges and emerging digital communications issues faced by NEH, defines opportunities and solutions, and executes them.
- Executes digital communications campaigns that increase followers and engagement.
- Implements agency-wide social media calendar and planning.
- Implements audio, video and visual information (photos, graphics) strategy.
- Monitors and pulls digital metrics regularly and create reports for divisions and senior management.
- Networks with digital media reporters to pitch and promote NEH grants and products
- Provides direction and oversight to consultants, and interns to ensure communications work is assigned and completely effectively and on schedule.
- Maintains awareness of issues and developments regarding the nonprofit sector and social innovation.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543500100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.