About the Position:Learn more about this agency
his position is a Park Ranger for the US Army Corps of Engineers, Detroit District at the Lake Superior Maritime Visitor Center in Duluth, MN working with the public at an information desk.
This is a Temporary position intended to last 6 months. A temporary position may be extended to a maximum of one years without further competition and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment, depending upon the needs of management.
- Assist in the maintenance of interpretive displays and the management of the natural and cultural resources in the visitor center and on project grounds.
- Explain common park rules and regulations.
- Advise visitors concerning pier/water safety, and proper and authorized use of recreational facilities.
- Obtain and compile vessel schedule information and disseminate to visitors.
- Provides routine visitor assistance such as: answering visitor's questions relating to the recreational facility and vessel traffic; providing instructions and information to the public.
- Conduct tours and educate others during outreach efforts.
- Assist in the development of educational programming.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543403400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.