RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZEDLearn more about this agency
The Energy Program Manager functions as the subject matter expert and program manager for energy related capital improvements for the VA Central Iowa Health Care System, which is comprised of a 600,000sf medical center, six Community Outpatient Clinics, and leased properties. The Energy Program Manager coordinates and facilitates projects within the Health Care System and communicates with staff to ensure successful program outcomes.
Part of the time of this role will be managing the planning, design, construction, and activation of capital projects.
Some common duties of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative leadership and technical expertise including knowledge of regulations, VHA guidelines, policies and TJC guidelines.
- Performs energy related calculations and estimates for capital planning of projects.
- Engages staff by serving as a role model to participate in analyzing findings that will lead to improvements in patient care facilities, efficiencies and safety.
- Manages all resources to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Ensures that assigned capital improvements are successfully turned over to facility maintenance and operating staff, and all facility records are updated and maintained.
- Manages design and construction of complex capital projects normally with an energy component.
- Works as a liaison between VHA Regional and Central Offices and the medical center to support energy conservation programs and projects.
- Manages commissioning and recommissioning projects to support the capital and maintenance programs.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-4pm
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Project Management experience
- Healthcare Engineering experience preferred
- BS degree in an accredited Engineering curriculum
- Experience with energy conservation projects and equipment typically found in healthcare settings.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: General Engineer (Energy)/PD30238-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543281300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.