You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs mental health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. America's Veterans need you!Learn more about this agency
The Butler Veterans Administration Medical Center, is seeking to build a pool of board-certified/board-eligible Psychiatrists who may be interested in a full-time position. There are currently no open positions at our facility. This announcement will be used to recruit a pool of applicants for any open positions within the next year. Should a position come open, all applicants at that time will be referred to the selecting official for consideration
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days paid time off per year (26 days annual leave, 13 days' sick leave, 10 federal holidays).
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Incentives: Possible signing bonus, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment up to $120K for eligible debt.
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory.
CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting.
Take a look at VA's Top 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VA and VHA Physician's Brochure
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
VARIOUS RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVES MAY BE AUTHORIZED
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity from a National Physician Recruitment Consultant, forward your CV and contact information to CAVHS.DEU@VA.GOV.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs psychiatric evaluations for a diverse population, including geriatric and post deployment combat Veterans, who are mentally ill and have psychosocial issues such as homelessness, unemployment, and poor family support network.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including diagnostic assessment, medication evaluation and management, suicide risk assessments, crisis intervention, and overall care of patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Ensures practice of psychiatric medicine is consistent with TJC, CARF, HIPPA, VA policies and procedures, clinical practice guidelines, national statutes and regulations, medical record documentation, and mandatory continuing education.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- The Psychiatrist may serve as a mental health team leader with responsibilities for coordinating consults and triage of specialty clinic referrals.
- Participates effectively in team meetings and treatment planning conferences, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members that enhances coordination of comprehensive patient care.
- Orders diagnostic tests and consultations, and discriminates between normal and abnormal findings and makes appropriate treatment decisions.
- May participate in supervision and teaching in support of the psychiatric residency program, performs on call duties, and performs other directly related duties as assigned.
- Areas which the psychiatrist is assigned and has clinical privileges to practice may include depression, anxiety, psychosis, PTSD, substance abuse, and other psychiatric disorders in various clinical settings (outpatient, inpatient, ED).
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543084100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.