The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Lead Medical Support Assistant. The Lead Medical Support Assistant will function in Nuclear Medicine Service.Learn more about this agency
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Nuclear Medicine Service is recruiting for an energetic "team-minded" Lead Medical Support Assistant. The candidate will join the administrative, technologist, and physician staff in providing timely, quality, and veteran centric services. Nuclear Medicine Service provides diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, has state of the art imaging equipment, and operates in a fast-paced yet very collegial work setting.
The Lead Medical Support Assistant duties include, but is not limited to:
- Reporting backlogs, difficulties in meeting deadlines or difficulty in securing information from clinicians or the patient record.
- Routinely communicates with physicians, technologists and other allied health professionals on complex cases using sound interpersonal skills and is constantly aware of the sensitive information.
- Working independently making decisions based on guidelines, precedents and regulations and performs duties in such a manner that only minimal supervision is required.
- Assisting in scheduling patients, reception of patients and visitors, collection of data, reviews and monitors to improve services to Veterans and staff, maintaining a high standard of healthcare activities.
- Adhering to changes in laws and regulations which affect Veteran's medical benefit entitlements, as well as advise Veterans of changes in laws and regulations, as appropriate.
- Maintaining contact with clinical and clerical staff in the work area to help resolve day to day problems relating to delays or misunderstandings.
- Organizing work, setting priorities and delegating tasks when necessary to meet set deadlines and scheduling directives.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/543052200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.