This National Guard position is for a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MIL), Position Description Number D2017000 and is part of the OH G1 JFHQ, Ohio Army National Guard.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of this position is to serve as the final reviewer and procedural authority of personnel actions submitted to the MILPO by lower echelons.
As a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (MIL), GS-0203-7, you will perform the following duties:
1) Serves as a final reviewer or processor of actions, which may include but are not limited to: Research and draft responses to Legislative and IG inquiries, Evaluation Reports (NCOER/OER), accessions, promotions, reductions, discharges, transfers, separations, boards, evaluations, Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP), promotion eligibility, retirement eligibility, and actions that affect eligibility of educational or incentive benefits as well as sensitive, complex cases, which involve: allegations of inequitable, prejudiced, or similar treatment (e.g. issues of fraudulent enlistment or assignment; removal of military member from active or inactive status).
2) Researches and obtains all necessary, relevant information regarding cases and issues and provides explanations and interpretations of rules, regulations, procedures, and requirements pertaining to actions taken or recommended. Forwards cases to the appropriate action officer for final review and decisions.
3) Drafts or prepares related correspondence for appropriate signature and enters data in automated systems, as needed. Manages data from information sources, both manual and electronic, for use in answering questions, responding to correspondence, or preparing reports or briefings and compiling statistical data for projected FY requirements. Ensures completeness and proper forwarding of records to appropriate board.
4) Provides support to maintain a variety of automated systems and interfaces used to manage service members both locally and statewide. Reviews transaction reports from previous days inputs for errors, corrects inaccurate data, and resubmits transaction for update to Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) and local databases.
5) Participates in unit Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP), and in organizational inspection program. Provides counseling to service member on available benefits; accuracy of the emergency data and contact information and the accuracy of the DEERS/RAPIDS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System/Realtime Automated Personnel Identification System) information; and allows the service member to perform a general review of their record.
6) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#:D2017000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542809700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.