About the Position: The District is located near downtown Jacksonville with easy access to a major interstate highway, flexi-time work schedule with credit hour option, workspace cubicles in a corporate business setting with security, free parking with shuttle bus service, eating facilities within building and nearby, onsite ATMs and gym. More information about the Jacksonville District is located at http://www.saj.usace.army.mil/.Learn more about this agency
- Incumbent serves as Deputy Chief responsible for administering and directing the regulatory program in the state of Florida, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Performs supervisory personnel management functions to evaluate, guide, direct and mentor subordinates and their work products.
- Provides overall vision and leadership to ensure division is properly organized, trained, equipped, and supervised.
- Ensures workforce is appropriately recruited, selected, developed, utilized, appraised, and recognized.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving processes and procedures to monitor and enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the organization.
- Develops strategies to use new technology to enhance productivity and quality of business decisions and assess their impact within the organization.
- Coordinates with senior leaders to assure policy, procedures, and decisions support organization?s long-term goals.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the operating budget, financial planning, and execution of the Regulatory Program budget.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel up to 25% of the time for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542764400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.