This position is located on the Coconino National Forest, Red Rock Ranger District, Sedona, AZ.Learn more about this agency
Incumbent is responsible for the preparation and administration of special use permits, including recreation residence, recreation events, resource and land use permits. Performs all phases of permit administration, inspections, and resolution of non-compliance issues.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Mark Goshorn at 928-203-7525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Prepare and administer conventional use permits, including recreation residence, recreation events, resource and land use permits.
- Process a wide variety of special use permits (land use, recreation, and non-recreation). Participate in the decision making and planning process and make recommendations as to the direction to the program.
- Enforce Agency regulations and Federal laws including issuance of violation warnings and notices. Investigate and complete reports on trespasses.
- Responsible for the internal coordination and review of permits and other lands and recreation proposals. Participate or lead the interdisciplinary team planning efforts.
- Participate with District Resource Officers in the review, appraisal and current analysis of the district recreation and lands resources and programs. Participate in training sessions on recreation, minerals, and lands activities.
- Prepare special use permits in final form for supervisor's review to ensure recommendations and findings are compatible and not in conflict with other natural resources.
- Carryout a variety of inspections to ensure the terms of the permits are in compliance, as well as recreation and lands demands are met by the permittees.
- Collect and analyze data concerning suitability and estimated values for such uses as consolidation of Forest land, recreation or other resource uses.
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel - travel required to attend meetings, trainings, and visits to the field.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542650000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.