THIS ANNOUNCEMENT HAS BEEN EXTENDED, IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED, YOU DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY.Learn more about this agency
This position is located within the Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Service at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia. The Computer Scientist is responsible for identifying, initiating, developing, implementing, and supporting innovative imaging analysis and post-image acquisition processing initiatives.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develops and maintains imaging and radiomics related systems;
- Determines the effectiveness of innovative approaches and methodologies for image acquisition, archiving, segmentation, and analysis, and for the utilization of post-processing tools;
- Uses state-of-the-art methods and practices to collect two-dimensional (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) morphological data, dynamic four-dimensional (4D) data, and functional and molecular imaging data;
- Produces clinically relevant radiomics reports;
- Researches, develops, implements, and maintains imaging and statistics-based software systems using knowledge of imaging data structures and computer systems architecture;
- Enhances the applicability of post-processing imaging systems to existing clinical algorithms;
- Investigates software architecture and develops methods to improve software reusability and portability;
- Collaborates with team members and other colleagues to identify additional knowledge management needs;
- Develops new software systems for integration into existing software systems and data structure;
- Provides technical guidance and software application support for scientific computing within the areas of imaging analysis, sequence analysis, linkage analysis, and database design;
- Provides technical assistance to Radiologists, Residents, Technologists, and Radiology Administrators regarding technical data collection and analysis;
- Provides administrative and technical computer science leadership for data management functions;
- Recommends improved workflow practices;
- Facilitates communication among team members;
- Participates in conferences and tumor board meetings;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542632800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.