This position is located in the Center of Financing, Access, and Cost Trends (CFACT), Division of Survey Operations (DSO) of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). The duty location for this position is in Rockville, MD.
Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
As a Survey Statistician, you will provide guidance to staff within other Centers and Offices of the Agency, to other Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government and to the public, including the States and research organizations. The work effects information and tools needed by health care leaders and policy makers in improving health care financing, access, coverage, and cost nation-wide.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop innovative guidelines to govern data content, collection and dissemination in national health and economic surveys.
- Recommend enhancements and modifications to surveys based on analysis of instrument design and survey design to improve the statistical quality and cost efficiency of the data collection.
- Use sound survey management practices and statistical judgment to manage and monitor data collection efforts conducted or sponsored by the Agency in terms of quality and efficiency.
- Apply survey and statistical theory and techniques to the design and analysis of national probability surveys of establishments and persons conducted or sponsored by the Agency.
- Serve as a Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on special projects
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542590900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.