What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary GS-11: $63,199 (Step 01) to $92,713 (Step 10); Salary GS-12: $75,750 (Step 01) to $111,122 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Open to current or former Federal employees: SAC-2019-0345Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Texas Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Leads development, construction, and calibration of groundwater-flow models using the MODFLOW code.
- Develops project proposals or descriptions summarizing critical information relating to the objective, approach, funding, and expected results of proposed investigations.
- Serves as a Project Chief or senior project member for groundwater hydrologic investigations by planning, conducting, and reporting on interpretive studies.
- Authors interpretive reports of hydrologic studies and prepares hydrologic information in the form of maps, charts or graphs for inclusion in reports.
- Attends, leads, and participates in meetings with cooperators, government agencies, private and professional organizations, and the general public to coordinate water-resources activities.
- Operates a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Work Environment: The work involves some degree of risk when conducting on-the-ground assessment of operations as well as exposure to moderate discomfort from such extremes of heat, cold, and inclement weather.
Physical Demands: The work requires frequent physical exertion while conducting field portions of project work and with inspection of ongoing operations, including walking over rough, rocky, or uneven terrain; lifting and carrying equipment and supplies; and wading in streams in all types of weather.
There are two vacancies which may be filled at either location. The location of this position will be determined when a selection is made. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel of 5 nights per month may be required for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542364500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.