You will be responsible for serving as a supervisor with primary responsibility for all aspects of a Center for Epidemiology and Animal Health (CEAH) work unit's management, leading the scientific design of animal health/disease surveillance systems; supporting implementation, and serving as the focal point for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of surveillance information.Learn more about this agency
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assigns and reviews the work of staff to ensure timely performance, soundness, and value, while monitoring the progress and prioritization of the work.
- Performs the full range of supervisory duties, to include providing advice and instruction, initiating formal personnel actions, evaluating subordinates, and identifying training needs of staff.
- Provides national leadership and technical direction in the formulation of programs and policies of the Agency which will have an impact on international relations.
- Contributes to efforts to conduct surveillance for animal diseases that affect the health of animals and the general public, working with the National Animal Health Laboratory Network.
- Provides expert advice on animal health surveillance that may have far-reaching consequences on Veterinary Services? programs and animal health programs of other agencies and States.
- Contributes to CEAH?s activities to support the World Animal Health Organization (OIE) designation as a Collaborating Center for Risk Analysis and Animal Disease Surveillance and Modeling.
- Leads and coordinates the efforts of veterinary medical officers, analytical epidemiologists, agricultural economists, statisticians, data managers, and other technical and administrative staff.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542333400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.