The U.S Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow
See “Other Information” for Locations
*Amended to clarify positions to be filled IT-Wide and include additional vacancy locations*Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THE IRS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION? The mission of IRS Information Technology is to provide leadership in the delivery of information technology solutions that anticipate and meet enterprise-wide needs by empowering employees to deliver customer-centered, value-creating systems, products, services, and support.
WHAT DOES A CYBER SECURITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO? As a Cyber Security Information Technology Specialist you will operate as a project leader whose authority and scope of responsibility crosses organizational and geographic lines. You will develop guidelines that will be used by other specialists in the course of the projects, which have an impact on broad agency goals. In this position, you will lead major national level projects such as the review of proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigation or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure. The various projects have an impact on broad agency goals. They deal with multi-year plans, new cutting-edge technologies, or issues, and develop new policies or make significant changes to existing policies that have IRS-wide impact.
Potential Candidate should possess the skills/knowledge below:
As a Cyber Security Information Technology Specialist, you will:
- Provide an enterprise cyber monitoring, analytics, and coordination capability 24x7x365
- Provide fraud analytics monitoring to examine designated dashboards, events, and logs to identify and escalate potential indicators of fraud.
- Coordinate the IRS-wide response to significant cyber and disclosure/communications incidents resulting from the use of IRS information technology systems.
- Perform forensic analysis (handling compromised machines), and evaluate/deconstruct malware (e.g. obfuscated code) through open-source and vendor provided tools.
- Develop intrusion detection signatures to identify those specific indicators that are unique to a particular exposure or zero-delay vulnerability, delivering threat and awareness/education briefings, coordination of process development, and technical writing.
- Provide security control integration support to IRS system administrators.
- Review and process IT systems Deviations.
- Lead and manage Cybersecurity Policy IT Customer Support Board.
- Assist with Cybersecurity operating systems compliance application programs.
- Provide Enterprise Lifecycle Oversight support.
- Develops Information Technology (IT) Security Policy and Guidance, providing enterprise security controls that safeguard the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IRS systems and applications. Ensures that IRS security policies are developed in accordance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), Office of Management and Budget (OMB), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Department of Treasury and Industry's Best Practices for Information Assurance and Cybersecurity.
- Utilize FedRAMP processes to implement and monitor Cloud security controls in support of Cloud environments.
- Brief authorizing officials on security risks and manage remediation of security vulnerabilities identified in annual assessments and continuous real time monitoring through creating and managing of Plans of action and milestones.
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
- Develop and analyze data analytics to provide risk focused reporting products for addressing vulnerability to fix requirements.
Duties continued in "Qualifications"
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542225400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.