This position is located in the the Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS), within CMS, in Woodlawn, Maryland, with an additional office in Washington, D.C.Learn more about this agency
As the Deputy Center Director, CMCS, you will provide executive leadership in the development of national Medicaid policies and procedures which support and assure effective state program administration and beneficiary outcomes and ensuring the effective administration of the Medicaid and CHIP programs in partnership with the states.
- Oversee major mission activities such as the development, interpretation, and application of specific laws, regulations, and policies that directly govern the management and financial operation of the Medicaid and CHIP program.
- Provides oversight, direction and leadership to the various business lines responsible for the strategic and regulatory operation of the Medicaid program.
- Undertakes highly complex and sensitive assignments involving the development and implementation of operating policies and procedure.
- Represents the Director before various stakeholder sand partners and negotiates with key officials of CMS, the Office of the Secretary, Congress, and other Federal and State agencies on matters of major importance.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the operation of the Center to marshal available staff, budgetary, financial, and other resources to accomplish program missions.
- Assures effective coordination of major issues involving more than one office and serves to arbitrate on major matters within the Center and ensures the timely completion and implementation of assignments within CMCS.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542194700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.