This position is located at the 149th AMX SQ, Kelly AFB, San Antonio, TX. The purpose of this position is to act as the crew chief with responsibility for directing the total maintenance effort on individually assigned aircraft.Learn more about this agency
Aircraft Mechanic (Flightline)
- Directs, monitors or performs overall maintenance, servicing, inspections and documentation for one or more aircraft.
- Ensures aircraft documentation and Maintenance Information Systems (MIS) accurately reflect the airworthiness of the Aircraft.
- Performs in-process and final inspection of aircraft and components undergoing repair, overhaul and/or modification to verify and certify by signature adherence to work techniques, procedures and quality standards established by applicable publications.
- Plans, develops and conducts training during the technician work week to a multi facet workforce comprised of from 3 to 8 assigned military positions.
- Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises and Operations Other Than War (OOTW).
- Complies with safety, fire, security, environmental and housekeeping regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542049600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.