Serves as an Accountant, performing various accounting assignments, validations, transactions and reports impacting the Agency. Duties include performing various financial accounting assignments related to Travel Functions, Funds Balance with Treasury, utilizing Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in daily operational environment. Utilization of Systems, Applications and Products in data processing (SAP) Core Financial Module to perform the daily accounting operations for the Center.Learn more about this agency
- Assists in recording and reconciling financial data within the Systems, Applications, and Products in data processing (SAP) accounting systems such as posting obligations.
- Follows and monitors controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required, improves operating effectiveness, and ensures and maintains the integrity of financial and accounting information.
- Assists in the preparation of and performs first level analysis on, statements and reports containing essential accounting information related to United States Standard General Ledger such as financial reporting on Continuous Monitoring Program.
- Identify discrepancies related to accounting and financial data; particularly problems in the SAP Integrated Financial Systems.
- Assist in performing an analysis, resolves differences and assists with reconciliation efforts for accounting problems and assists in performing audits for review of data to determine reliability and the accuracy of accounting reports.
- Applies conventional accounting principles to analyze accounting transactions in the general ledger in functional areas, such as: travel, Fund Balance with Treasury, accounts payable, and/or accounts receivable.
- Utilizes the SAP to perform various reconciliations. Assists in the identification for resolving accounting transactions for out-of-balances.
- Provides assistance in analyzing current and/or required accounting procedures to design new or revised processes.
- Assist in the validation of current processes with respect to regulatory requirements and requirements from NASA.
- Assists in the evaluation accounting procedures for the NSSC. Studies legal and regulatory compliance, work flow, and other financial considerations on a continuous basis.
- Assists in performing quality reviews of existing and proposed accounting processes to provide assurance as to the financial integrity and conformance to Federal laws and the agency regulations and practices.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/542020100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.