This Program Associate position is located in the Wilson Center’s Asia Program. The program provides a forum in the Nation's capital for enhancing deeper understanding of, and policy debate about Asia. It seeks to furnish an intellectual link between the world of ideas and the world of policy on issues relating to Asia and U.S. interests in Asia.
Applicants are highly encouraged to read the entire vacancy announcement prior to applying.Learn more about this agency
- Supports the Program Director in research and writing for reports, blog posts, op-eds, briefings, testimony, and other substantive activities.
- Leads the Asia Program's new fellowship program to include managing the application competition process.
- Collaborates with senior staff members with the production of program specific meeting reports, briefing notes, program newsletters, grant applications and publications.
- Engages with Senior Program Associates in drafting and assisting with all phases of producing publications, to include original writing and editing.
- Identifies and works closely with partner organizations in areas of expertise, maintaining fluid communications and exchange and identifying opportunities for joint activities.
- Collaborates with the Program’s Communications Specialist to expand Asia Program’s communication initiatives, including the Fellowship Program.
- Serves as the principal point person for all communications with Fellowship participants and ensure all related activities are conducted on time and to the highest standards of quality.
- Manages information related to Fellowship participants, and oversees all alumni activities.
- Assists with the maintenance of the program website, including working with the technical computer staff, and researching and updating links.
Major duties and responsibilities are at the full performance level. If selected at the Grade 09 level, the complexity and the scope of work are less than that of the full performance level. You will be given minimal administrative guidance at the Grade 09 level.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required.
11 - Promotion to the full performance level is not automatic or guaranteed.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541927800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.