About the Position: This is an Interdisciplinary, GS-13 position with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Southwestern Division (SWD), Fort Worth District, Programs and Project Management Division, located in Fort Worth, TX.Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent is responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination and accomplishment of the planning, scoping, development, design, construction, and direction of management concepts, principles, methods and practices.
- Serves as Project Manager responsible for the overall management, control, coordination and execution of assigned projects.
- As the project team leader, implements corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations, and policy in the development of the project and intermediate products in support of the project.
- Negotiates and integrates all District functions (i.e., planning, design, cost engineering, construction, real estate, contracting, etc.) in support of assigned project into a comprehensive management plan.
- Coordinates the planning, design, cost engineering, construction, and environmental considerations, etc. for engineering projects of considerable scope and complexity.
- Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through construction and initial operations.
- Allocates project funds to District elements, consistent with progress attained, and measures and monitors performance to assure commitments of all parties are being maintained.
- Reviews and analyzes cost reports to assure charges are authorized and appropriate; identifies unauthorized charges and assures corrective actions are taken for the ultimate disposition of inappropriate charges.
- Reviews project progress; measuring performance and taking necessary corrective actions to maintain agreed upon schedule and cost.
- Represents the District Commander, serving as the District's primary point of contact for projects assigned with Sponsor/customer, Federal, state and local government agencies, Congressional interests, and other external organizations.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 33% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541922800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.