THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a TRAINING TECHNICIAN, Position Description Number T5801500 and is part of the OH 180 Fighter Wing, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is to administer post high school technical education and college programs, as well as military training functions.
1) Serves as the base training manager, ensuring that Unit Training Managers (UTMs)and Additional Duty Training Managers (ADTMs) are qualified in, and knowledgeable of their responsibilities. Supports unit training programs contributing to mission capability. Administers military training programs for all units serviced by the Military Personnel Flight (MPF). Oversees programs involving on-the-job training (OJT), formal school training, Extension Course Institute (ECI) training, Professional Military Education (PME), and ancillary training. Job categories and areas for which training is administered involve a wide variety of technical, professional, clerical and wage occupations representative of a complex military organization. Advises military commanders, UTMs and ADTMs, and through them, the individual supervisors, trainers, and certifiers concerning the status, progress, success, and programming of individual training.
2) Monitors OJT programs for assigned units. Establishes local policies and procedures to provide a uniform and effective internal OJT program. Conducts training for training managers to familiarize them with concepts, scope, objectives, and procedures pertinent to OJT, and with regard to the responsibilities of commanders, supervisors, trainers, certifiers, and trainees in the organizations supported. Reviews personnel records and reports to determine training status of assigned personnel.
3) Confers with management and other key operating personnel to discuss training needs, problems and goals. Establishes training objectives through analysis of training reports, unit input, course feedback, and USAF, ANG and gaining command directives. Schedules periodic staff assistance visits (SAVs) to serviced units to evaluate training programs and determine compliance with current regulations and directives. Reviews the effectiveness of unit training documentation. Manages personnel Air Force Specialty Code(AFSC) classification and oversees the utilization of assigned personnel. Monitors the classification system to ensure all personnel identified for upgrade meet the mandatory requirements for award of the AFSC.
4) Appointed as Distance Learning (DL) Office Point of Contact. Processes, manages, and controls Air Education & Training Command (AETC) Type 6 technical training requirements locally. Monitors the Distance Learning, Defense Activity for Non Traditional Education Support (DANTES), Tuition Assistance and other base education programs. Acts as Test Control Officer for the on-base DANTES.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: T5801500). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541527900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.