This position is located in the Office of Communications, News and Media Engagement Division (NI000), and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and disseminating news and public information regarding NASA missions, activities, and functions that are released to the news media and public. Plans and conducts news events, and builds and maintains working relationships with members of the news media and producing media products.Learn more about this agency
- Produces electronic media or multimedia products. Serves as a spokesperson for the agency, and is authorized to speak on behalf of NASA to members of the press, the public and other groups.
- Designs and manages the creation of complex multimedia applications in a variety of contexts. Ensures that the appropriate staff serve as point of contact for logistics, setting up meetings, and agendas.
- Oversees the development of an integrated suite of news products intended to capture and communicate NASA's activities to a variety of news media, readers and viewers. Reviews, analyzes and make recommendations on program content and format.
- Develops proposals for improving program content. Directs, coordinates and provides expert advice on a variety of special studies, surveys and projects related to the review and improvement of program content.
- Manages, edits, and reviews material submitted for publication and coordinates the preparation of speeches and talking points covering various topics.
- Reviews and evaluates existing strategies and communications plans for disseminating information to the public and arrange for mass dissemination of information materials.
- Establishes and directs the implementation of policies, programs and procedures governing the conduct of all public affairs matters.
- Develops strategic communications plans in support of specific program initiatives relating to media events such as press conferences, formal and informal interviews, domestic and foreign media.
- Provides consultation to managers on developing public affairs activities and material for internal and external use.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541247500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.