PLEASE NOTE: Closing date has been extended to 8/21/2019.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: Serve as a Lead Civil Engineer, who assigns projects and establishes priorities, objectives, and/or goals for lower graded staff.
- Performs advanced planning and design work, with responsibility for preliminary and final designs in pavements, foundations, and geotechnical work associated with large and highly complex Military projects.
- Personally performs or functions as team leader on such projects as: multiple and continuous span highway and railroad bridges, roadway and airfield pavements, piers, utilities, hospitals and other buildings and recreational facilities.
- Serves as Unit Leader for a staff of approximately three to five, and as the point of contact for day-to-day work coming into and leaving the Unit.
- Plans and schedules ongoing production, adjusts work procedures to accommodate resource allocation, and improves work methods and procedures used to produce work products.
- Evaluates the technical adequacy of data, criteria, recommendations and conclusions presented, as well as the methods of analysis used by subordinates.
- Makes field reconnaissance trips to view various topographical and environmental features relating to certain projects, or to investigate geotechnical problems, relating to construction, modification, maintenance, and rehabilitation of structures.
- Participates in conferences with outside agencies to outline concepts of design of existing Federal structures and facilities and to explore alternative solutions to problems introduced by the construction of the proposed facility.
Occasional travel - Business Travel (TDY) is approximately 30% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541161000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.