This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-4 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-12 and GS-13; the ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Head of the Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC) Base Operations Branch (Code 7032) of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport, with duty in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- You will lead a team of diverse individuals comprised of engineers and administrative/technical specialists as their first-line supervisor.
- You will be responsible for the effective utilization, direction, career development and supervision of all branch personnel involved in the planning, organization and conduct of the AUTEC Base Operations Branch.
- You will serve as a recognized expert and technical authority whose ideas form a basis for strategic planning that assigned personnel will follow.
- You will provide oversight of and guidance to subject matter experts assigned to Facilities Maintenance, Facilities Engineering, Logistics, Transportation, Environmental, Safety, Security, Housing, Transient Lodging, Food Services, and Base Services.
- You will use your engineering expertise to develop a high-level strategy for lifecycle replacement of critical Naval Undersea Warfare Center Detachment AUTEC Range infrastructure and disestablishment of facilities/capabilities no longer needed.
- You will forecast budgets to ensure sound fiscal management and plans for future requirements such as equipment, facilities, and manpower.
- You will work with the Division Head to develop both a strategic focus and tactical implementation to enable the success of AUTEC Base Operations Branch from both a business and technical perspective.
- You will be responsible for budgetary submittals for all areas encompassed by AUTEC Base operations, monitor progress of expenditures and validate/prioritize requests for urgent unplanned expenditures.
- You will develop and maintain communication and reporting processes with co-workers, Division Heads, and Department Leadership to optimize information transfer.
- You will systematically initiate processes to improve customer satisfaction and service throughout the organization and anticipate/position for emergent customer needs.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/541108000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.