The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.Learn more about this agency
See Other Information for Locations
WHAT IS THE HUMAN CAPITOL OFFICE (HCO) DIVISION? The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
As a Human Resources Specialist (Information Systems) in the Servicewide Knowledge Management (SKM) organization, you will:
- Advise management and stakeholders on innovations and identifying business needs to uncover areas in need of deeper improvement. Meet with servicewide customers to collect and define user requirements and design plans.
- Follow and prepare complex action plans and schedules for various phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range; ensuring plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies. Plan, coordinate and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project mission, as needed.
- Apply knowledge and experience in, but not limited to: Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010/2013, Microsoft 365, form development (Nintex, InfoPath), Programming Languages (e.g. SQL, C/C++, JAVA, C#, .Net, VBA), web user experience/user interface, AI platforms (e.g. Python, Spark, IBM Watson), Big Data analytics and metrics dashboards, project management (e.g. PMP) and business process improvement (e.g. Lean, Agile) to develop effective business solutions.
- Develop e-Microlearning videos and content storyboards using techniques from the TDQAS/ADDIE model for instructional design methodology. Create, record, narrate and publish Self-Help Online Tutorial (SHOTs) videos using Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate or other learning video editing software.
- Monitor adherence to Section 508 accessibility requirements and review board policies and guidelines (e.g., Servicewide Video Editorial Board and Knowledge Management Advisory Committee).
- Conduct and document end-to-end process modeling and mapping sessions (people, process & technology) that identify issues, develop creative solutions and enable implementing future designs that significantly improve operations.
- Manage issues and risks to balance lifecycle cost, schedule, and technical performance. Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of program systems and services.
- Interface with IT to ensure requirements and standards are met in the development, implementation and/or integration of video products and licensing within the IRS enterprise technology infrastructure. Benchmark solutions for future-state infrastructure upgrade or acquisition.
- Prepare communications, Power Point presentations, executive briefings, training materials, reports, memoranda, policy statements, and other written documents to introduce and promote initiatives and offer recommendations relating to the project. Instruct training courses and facilitate servicewide cadres and Communities of Practice.
- Manage SharePoint sites and web sites including site functionality, features, security, certifications, navigation and services incorporating text, graphics, pictures, objects, video, sounds and all required media enhanced effects.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required 1 to 5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540300300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.