THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a GS-0346-12 SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (TITLE 5), Position Description Number T5119000 in SPMD 122K and is part of the MO Directorate of Logistics.
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This position is a Temporary Promotion vacancy NTE One Year in the Excepted Service. This is a non-bargaining unit position. SEE NOTES UNDER CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT BELOW.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Director of Logistics Deputy Chief of Staff Logistics (DCSLOG G4), on Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) systems and Automated Logistical Programs.
- Provides oversight on matters pertaining to the fielding and operation of the Combat Service Support (CSS) STAMIS and other automated logistics applications.
- Utilizes an extensive knowledge of logistics programs/ operations and a clear understanding of automated systems to manage projects and programs for systems integration of CSS automation.
- Identifies funding requirements to support CSSAMO SASMO operations, justifies and submits budget requirements for state operating budget, and executes funds received.
- Reviews organization mission, functions, and manning.
- Identifies requirements and initiates requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Provides advice to supervisor on significant issues and problems related to work accomplishment.
- Accepts, amends, or rejects work presented by subordinates.
- Performs self-inspection and presents a detailed and comprehensive report with any corrective action taken to supervisor.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnostics and resolution of technical problems identified in trouble tickets for STAMIS system.
- Performs initial setup of specified STAMIS computers to include loading software, configuring modem and network card(s), assigning Internet Protocol (IP) addresses with correct subnet, connectivity to the network as required.
- Coordinates with help desk personnel on resolution methods while staying in contact with other support personnel for additional and priority escalation.
- Coordinates and communicates with higher headquarters, program manager, and Customer Assistance Office (CAO) regarding CSS operations and automated systems support, problem resolution, software upgrades and change packages.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Functional Administrators and the users of the serviced database(s).
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, and mission requirements.
- Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards.
- Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses.
- Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/540184700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.