This position is being announced concurrently as an AGR position. To view the AGR job announcement, please visit the Ohio National Guard jobs page at http://ong.ohio.gov/human_resources/ong_job_postings.html.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT), Position Description Number D2182P01 and is part of the OH 178 Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
This position is responsible for providing voice, data, wireless, Communications Focal Point and information security services.
As a IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT), GS-2210-11, you will perform the following duties:
1) Manages the assigned IT/communications environment with privileged access at the network level for the Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants. Plans, coordinates, installs, and continuously analyzes system design, hardware and software. Develops, recommends, and installs solutions and upgrades to ensure availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of all components of the assigned system.
2) Serves as a focal point for ensuring functionality and operability of the assigned IT/data systems/functions, voice and wireless systems to support mission requirements of Wing, Geographically Separated Units (GSU), and Tenants. Optimizes the functionality and performance of hardware and software systems and ensures availability, integrity, efficiency, and reliability of system/functional resources while managing the communications focal point coordination and workload distribution duties.
3) Provides customer technical assistance and support for all users. Provides ongoing technical support to customers to ensure proper functional use of equipment and programs and to preclude undue interruptions to IT and communications services. Works with customers to ensure efficient operations which support each units' requirements. Assists in solving problems associated with delivery of hardware and software orders.
4) Determines customer requirements and assists customers by recognizing and analyzing trends and providing instruction and orientation services. Identifies and documents system requirements for specific needs of customers. Conducts in-depth analyses of system usage, user complaints, traffic interruptions, hardware and software capabilities, and other relevant factors.
5) Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description does not contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD#: D2182P01). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539991800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.