• Help



    The Water Management Research Unit in the San Joaquin Valley Agricultural Sciences Center located in Parlier, CA is seeking a permanent, full-time, Research Civil Engineer/Research Agricultural Engineer/Research Physical Scientist.

    Learn more about this agency


    • Characterize alfalfa crop water use as a function of irrigation methods, soil type and salinity, and cultural practices such as fertilizer application and cutting frequency.
    • Determine crop coefficients and water requirements for irrigated crops grown in the Western U.S. in water limited conditions, with a focus on alfalfa for dairy.
    • Develop drought water management strategies, including regulated deficit irrigation of crops grown in arid and semi-arid irrigated areas.
    • Develop and validate water management models suitable for design and management of irrigation systems and irrigation scheduling in arid and semi-arid areas.
    • Publish research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals.

    Travel Required

    Occasional travel - Incumbent will be required to occasionally travel to research sites and to national and international scientific meetings.

    Supervisory status


    Promotion Potential


This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539930600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.