This position located in the Office of Field Operations, Special Operations Division, Critical Incident Management Branch in one of the following locations based on the needs of ATF:
Redford, MI; Sterling, VA; Dallas, TX; Glendale, CA; or Jacksonville, FL.
Serves as the LE Training Specialist to coordinate, manage and implement training for the Special Response Team (SRT).
Salary reflected is base salary only. The final salary will based on one of the duty stations assigned above.Learn more about this agency
- Conducting and coordinating mandatory quarterly training for the Special Response Team (SRT) to include curriculum development planning, logistics, coordination of instructors/facilities and delivery of training.
- Developing and implementing new and ongoing programs designed to enhance the performance of ATF with external agencies.
- Performing short and long term planning and policy in SRT, Firearms Program (Use of Force) and equipment in support of programs.
- Serving as the principal researcher and adviser from the Special Operations Division (SOD) regarding weapons and related equipment for Special Response Team (SRT) members.
- Develops new criteria for measuring and evaluating program accomplishments, results, and effectiveness. Conducts a continuing review of programs and accomplishments to ensure that training is of the highest quality and that client goals and objectives are effectively met.
- Responsible for budget planning for procurement and testing, ensuring that funding is available to meet the training goals of the SRT. Ensures that funds are appropriately used to further the goals of the SRT Program.
- Utilizing expertise in the areas of management and organizational development, submits recommendations and decisions that reflect effective analysis of laws and regulations, budgets, strategic plans, operating plans, staffing plans, work studies, and other pertinent material.
- Developing short- and long-range plans concerning the implementation of various training programs, integrating them with with the overall strategic planning function; typically manages a budget in excess of one million dollars and approves purchase of state-of-the-art equipment, ammunition, materials, supplies, etc.
Responsibilities will increase and assignments will become more complex as your training and experience progresses.
50% or less - Extensive travel throughout the United States and its territories is required. Incumbent is required to travel a minimum of 20 weeks per year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539923700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.