This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA) to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need.Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
The dates for this vacancy were changed because the closing date had to be extended for more than one year.
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force: Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
Visit www.dhs.gov/cisa to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
In this position, the incumbent is responsible for performing work as a Information Technology Specialist (Infosec). Typical work assignments include:
- Perform cyber defense incident triage, to include determining scope and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations for remediation
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within an enterprise to gain situational awareness;
- Determine tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) for intrusion sets and recommend computing environment vulnerability corrections
- Perform system analysis to develop reports, briefings, and presentations on cybersecurity
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539820100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.