This position is located in the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (OCR). This position is located in a regional office. The office operates under the jurisdiction of Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act, and their implementing regulations.Learn more about this agency
APPLICATION LIMIT: This vacancy announcement is limited to the first 50 applications received and will close at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the day that we receive the 50th application, or at 11:59PM Eastern Time on the listed closing date, whichever occurs first.
We encourage you to read this entire vacancy announcement prior to submitting your application.
As a General Attorney, GS-0905-11, you will:
- Makes civil rights compliance determinations and ensures that complaints and proactive enforcement activities are processed in accordance with the Assistant Secretary's directives, regulations, policies, case law and conform to established case-processing procedures.
- Conduct legal research and serves as a legal policy advisor to team members on complex factual and legal issues related to the investigation, negotiation, and resolution of complaints, compliance reviews and directed investigations.
- Assist in the conduct of enforcement actions through judicial or administrative litigation.
- Participate in the development of the agency's legal position and formulates supporting legal theories.
- Assist with the development of technical assistance (i.e., responses to recipient inquiries).
As a General Attorney, GS-0905-12:
You will be assigned the duties and responsibilities identical to those found at the GS-11 grade level. The incumbent is expected to perform those duties and responsibilities for complex and extremely complex cases, with independence.
Occasional travel - Some travel by car, rail and air may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539801700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.