THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a WG-6610-09 SMALL ARMS REPAIRER (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1227000 in SPMD 6021and is part of the MO Combined Support Maintenance Shop.Learn more about this agency
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Excepted Service position. This is a bargaining position.
- Performs accurization of national match weapons (pistols, rifles, and light machine guns) on a limited basis.
- Accurization involves altering and refining mass-produced weapons for use in national competition, by increasing their accuracy and reliability beyond factory specifications.
- This process involves selecting, fitting, and altering parts to improve the weapon.
- Disassembles weapons, assemblies, subassemblies and other components. Examines for defects, misalignment and malfunctions.
- Replaces barrels, firing pins, springs, trigger mechanisms, shell ejectors, and other parts and assemblies.
- Modifies small weapons by replacing worn or obsolete parts and using hand and power tools, precision gauges, test instruments, jigs and alignment devices in making repairs, modifications, and adjustments.
- Performs overhaul, maintenance, and repair on a variety of small arms.
- Diagnoses and identifies mechanical deficiencies and/or malfunctions in weapons.
- Uses micrometer to measure altered tolerances and makes additional adjustments as required.
- Anneals certain parts until the proper temper of the metal is obtained.
- Is responsible for accountability, storage and security of arms and other sensitive items while they are kept for repair, usually in vaults with limited access.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539751500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.