About the Position: The incumbent plans and carries out the day-today administrative work independently, referring only very unusual office problems to supervisor or other staff. As the authority on status of administrative services, is required to provide accurate information on short notice. Priorities and deadlines for the day-to-day work are set by the incumbent based on knowledge of overall functions and project requirements.Learn more about this agency
- Accomplishes the clerical and administrative support functions of the Business Process Team and Technical Services Division.
- Develops and implements procedures pertaining to files, data management, and other clerical and administrative support activities.
- Develops internal controls and administrative procedures to meet office needs.
- Uses a computer to perform a wide range of word processing functions and to prepare analytical reports.
- Types a variety of narrative and tabular material (correspondence, public notices, reports, and technical papers) from longhand or previous drafts.
- Assists with planning, coordinating, and accomplishing a variety of program support tasks.
- Assists with the preparation and analysis of the fiscal year operating budget for the area assigned to include salaries, travel, training, supplies and materials, plant, and all related costs both direct and indirect.
- Provides rudimentary analysis of financial operating programs and studies a variety of items such as financial management, cost histories, and obligation and expenditure trends
- Performs timekeeping and related duties using an automated reporting system which is linked to a financial management system.
- Processes travel orders for office staff personnel including the research of travel modes and accommodations, cost analysis, coordination of travel arrangements, and resolving discrepancies.
- Provides expertise for procurement of goods, supplies, and services.
- Prepares purchase documents for a wide variety of retail, commercial, and technical items.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 5% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539727900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.