WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/SELF EMPLOYED (SB/SE) DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
Learn more about this agency
See "Other Information" for Locations.
WHAT DOES A BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST DO? As a Bankruptcy Specialist you will be responsible for advising, initiating, and reviewing the full range of collection actions relative to the most complicated and sophisticated proceedings covered by the Bankruptcy Code. You will serve as an inter and intra agency liaison, program coordinator and technical expert.
As a Bankruptcy Specialist you will:
- Examine legal documents to resolve highly complex issues and determine courses of action.
- Inspect complex corporate structures to determine the stability of business operations and feasibility of proposed plans.
- Negotiate adequate protection, cash collateral agreements, and settlement options to protect the government's interest.
- Advise and coordinate with Service employees regarding the full range of collection actions relative to highly specialized, technical, and complex aspects of insolvency cases to expedite the payment of taxes and secure delinquent returns.
- Research complex case issues, to apply the law.
- Provide written and oral responses, court appearances and expert testimony.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights per Month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539559800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.