This position is located in Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), Child Nutrition Programs (CNP). FNS serves as the Nation's first line of defense against hunger. Through the agency's nutrition assistance programs, FNS provides children and needy families' access to food and a more healthful lifestyle. FNCS Headquarters Offices provide the policies and regulatory support regarding the nutrition assistance program administrated through Congressional action.Learn more about this agency
- Develop legislative proposals, regulations, handbooks, FNS instructions, and guidance material for use by State and local program administrators responsible for the administrative of an assigned area.
- Makes policy interpretations as appropriate to ensure operations of the Program in all areas occurs in an efficient and effective manner. Responds to inquiries from Regional Offices and other Federal agencies concerning Program policy.
- Provide guidelines to implement new policy, apply regulatory language to specific situations. Understand Program objectives, mgmt. philosophy, perspective, legislator history, and States and local agencies Program to recommend solutions.
- Participate in program reviews conducted by Regional offices, states and other program operators and contribute expert advice to review teams and reports of findings.
- Mastery of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to define and address complex policy issues, effectively manage special projects, and resolve program operational problems.
- Highly developed writing skills in order to prepare policy documents and to effectively communicate and promote Agency policy objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539530200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.