What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
GS-13: $88,704 (Step 01) to $115,313 (Step 10)
GS-14: $104,821 (Step 01) to $136,271 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Learn more about this agency
There are two vacancies; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.
As a Research Oceanographer within the St. Petersburg Coastal & Marine Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Develop breakthroughs relating to coastal morphologic and oceanographic processes to determine direction for new studies.
- Work independently to design and direct collaborative research that produces technically authoritative results acceptable for review by the scientific community.
- Develop innovative methods for modeling and observation of complex ocean interactions that result in relevant solutions to social-science problems.
- Produce research results that enhance and lead coastal processes scientific efforts, evidenced by a strong publication record and recognition within the scientific community as a leading authority.
- Operate a government vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel away from home may be required 1-5 nights per month
15 - The full performance level for a Research position is GS-15; however, promotion eligibility is dependent upon the scientific contributions of the incumbent as evaluated by a peer panel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539439400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.