This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Records Retrieval Branch. As a Lead Archives Technician, you will be functioning as a work leader for a group of employees engaged in activities associated with the retrieval, delivery and refile of military personnel records.Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Archives Technician, you will:
- Lead a group of employees engaged in activities associated with the retrieval, delivery and refile of military personnel records. Make work assignments, conducts training and auditing as required, and personally performs the same duties as the employees led. Including analyzing pending work and batching, printing (if necessary) and preparing for assignment search requests (all types), refiles, and interfiles in accordance with the Center's queue discipline. Resolve problems by analyzing inquiries and data to determine appropriate next steps when required records cannot be located through normal means.
- Visit the records storage areas throughout the day to answer any questions employees might have and to ensure that in-file operations are being performed correctly and with a sense of urgency. Monitor working conditions such as safety, lighting, equipment, etc. and reports potential or actual problems for correction.
- Ensure search and refile actions are properly documented. Identify bottlenecks and delays in workflow and intervening to ensure prompt resolution. Provide supplemental training and conducts quality audits for assigned area of production.
- Refer complaints to supervisor; reports to supervisor on performance, progress, and training needs of employees. Make suggestions to supervisor concerning staffing, employee recognition, work processes, and IT applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539100000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.