Are you interested in a rewarding and challenging career? Join the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General!!Learn more about this agency
The Department of Justice is the Nation's Top Law Enforcement agency and is ranked by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the top 3 best places to work in the federal government! The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General is one of the premier federal inspector general offices with a prestigious team of professionals.
If selected, your responsibilities would include, but would not be limited to working with Special Agents on investigative cases. Work assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees digital forensic labs nationwide to ensure compliance with DOJ/OIG Quality Standards for Digital Forensics.
- Conduct and provide advice to the most difficult and sensitive computer and mobile forensic examinations.
- Collaborates with Agents in investigations of a highly sensitive, complex and difficult nature involving digital evidence.
- Conduct digital investigative analysis of digital evidence involved in, or used during or to commit a crime, or that may have been used to communicate information about a matter being investigated.
- Assist prosecutors and agents by analyzing seized computer systems and data, suggesting investigative avenues and providing technical support. Testify as an expert witness and provides other digital investigative analysis and technical assistance as needed.
- Serve as a technical adviser to the CYBER Assistant Special Agent in Charge and Special Agent in Charge regarding the operation and development of networks, the Internet, computer forensics, computer security, and critical infrastructure issues.
- Consults with Management and Planning Division personnel in preparing requirements and criteria for complex or high value systems projects for development or modification of advanced systems, equipment, software, or hardware.
- Evaluates and provides recommendation for the purchase and use of new state-of-the art software in the area of network security and computer forensics/digital investigative analysis use.
- Designs, identifies equipment, builds, secures and administers digital forensic laboratory operations to include an undercover network and a forensic network. Manages both undercover and forensic network, maintaining all security patches, intrusion detection systems, world wide web, file transfer and email servers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538927600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.