The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background and experience understanding policy and programmatic issues that cross program areas, and coordinating developing time issues to meet customer and stakeholder needs. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Resilience team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an Emergency Management Specialist (Mitigation). Typical assignments include:
- Providing direct support to the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator in the coordination and integration of policies, procedures, guidelines and activities to ensure effective program delivery.
- Providing direct support to the Assistant Administrator and Deputy Assistant Administrator for internal and external communication and correspondence.
- Working as part of the Directorate front office team to manage work assignments, projects, deadlines and Directorate-wide initiatives to further the Directorate’s priorities.
- Leading high profile and cross-Directorate initiatives.
- Developing and implement processes to improve Directorate Front Office operations.
- Supporting Risk Management senior leaders in identifying organizational needs and strategies.
- Supporting Risk Management senior leaders in managing the internal relationships most critical to support Directorate goals.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538902500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.