This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, Research Services, Archival Operations - Seattle. As an Archives Technician, you will be responsible for the following duties: reference, arrangement, preservation and rehabilitation, accessioning and disposal, description and outreach.Learn more about this agency
As an Archives Technician, you will:
- Provide reference service to Federal agencies and the public, including responding to selected complex reference inquiries requiring searches in a variety of record groups, refiling, and providing reproductions of records upon request.
- Perform detailed and relatively difficult arrangement work after the general plan of arrangement has been approved by the senior Archivist or supervisor.
- Assume immediate responsibility for accomplishing particular repair and rehabilitation projects such as encapsulation and humidification, related to reference and projects assignments.
- Prepare detailed internal and informal finding aids such as indexes and shelf lists. This includes series titles for unpublished title inventories, including the dates of coverage and the physical form and quantity of records.
- Assist archivist in effecting the physical transfer of records to or from the National Archives, including overseeing segregating, packing, labeling, and shelving activities.
- Provide outreach activity support, including assisting in the preparation of exhibits based on the Region's holdings for display to the public; develops and presents workshops and makes presentations on specific, well-defined topics; assists with education and internship programs, and assists with mailings and other outreach tasks.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538850200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.