The NASA Office of Inspector General (OIG) conducts audits, reviews, and investigations of NASA programs and operations to prevent and detect fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement and to assist NASA management in promoting economy, efficiency, and effectiveness.Learn more about this agency
The Office of Investigations (OI) investigates allegations of crime, cyber-crime, fraud, waste, abuse, and misconduct having impact on NASA programs, projects, operations, and resources.
- Supports law enforcement officials during interviews by documenting the information provided or performing other assigned tasks. Based on defined requirements, assists in creating and maintaining specialized investigative databases.
- Prepares inventories of seized or evidentiary items pursuant to Grand Jury subpoenas and the execution of search warrants. Responsible for maintaining all required documentation for evidence from initial receipt to final disposition.
- Works with Criminal Investigators to prepare investigative reports. Serves as the central point of contact for screening rough drafts of reports for proper formatting, grammatical correctness, punctuation, capitalization and clarity of expression.
- Performs procurement functions by placing orders through Government purchase card and tracking supplies, equipment, furniture, and service requests using various automated systems.
- Performs office management duties to include time and attendance, travel and records management.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538739800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.