This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office. Please contact
VHAMIWEDRP@va.govfor more information Learn more about this agency
All physicians will be board eligible/board certified in Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine or Family Practice. Each physician will have established and maintain professional relationships within Medical Service, and with other services and facility management which result in improved patient care.
- Serves as acting chief of the section (if appropriate), as needed.
- Provides guidance and support to the nurse practitioners assigned to Medical Service in their respective areas of expertise.
- Participates in and attends medical center committees as assigned by the ACOS of Primary Care and the Chief of Staff
- Revises work schedules and assignments on short notice to meet frequent, abrupt, and unpredictable changes in prescribed workloads and deadlines.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, as assigned by ACOS of Primary Care or designee.
- Demonstrates commitment to high quality customer service, including specific measures identified as performance goals by the Medical Center.
- Annually develops and evaluates professional and personal goals.
- Identifies individual professional learning needs and participates in formal programs, workshops, seminars, conferences, as well as self directed learningactivities, completes facility wide mandatory education yearly.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients for adults age 18-65 and older adults age 65+ as assigned by ACOS of PC Service or designee.
- Has approved clinical privileges in the areas of his/her expertise andin all areas required to carry out the duties of his/her assignments/responsibilities within Primary Care Services.
- Demonstrate sound decision making skills, both clinical and administrative, which bring credit to the profession and serve to enhance the distinctive and contributory role of physicians.
- Participates as a peer reviewer process when requested.
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plans of patients.
Work Schedule: Various hours for 24/7 coverage to include Nights, Weekends, Holidays
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538621200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.