This position is part of the National Archives and Records Administration, National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records. As an Archives Technician, you will respond to to a variety of types of correspondence requests for information regarding military service.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position up to the GS-6 level. You will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Conduct the initial review of incoming requests, which may include inquiries that involve fire destroyed or damaged records, Congressional inquiries, and/or highly sensitive requests regarding high ranking governmental officials.
- Analyze requests for information to identify the scope of inquiry. Determine which requests can be acted on, whether reference should be made to other collections, e.g., Federal and/or state, and/or if the customer should be contacted through telephonic or electronic communications for clarification.
- Investigate conflicting record information, apparent errors, and/or omissions of record data. Document issues and findings. Determine and implement the appropriate course of action.
- Participate as a team member in a variety of functions as determined by team decisions, which may include performing work distribution and/or quality assurance and/or administrative team related duties.
- Determine the releasability of requested information by applying knowledge of laws, regulations, policies and procedures regarding disclosure of personnel and medical information.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538294700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.