This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Human Resources Specialist counseling for employees and managers regarding workers' compensation benefits including explaining available benefits, the claims submission process, and a variety of other program options.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Marilyn Grubbs at SM.FS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provides non-routine advice, guidance, and information to injured employees and their supervisors on the full range of the Federal Employees' Compensation Act (FECA) program benefits and procedures.
- Work closely with a variety of Department of Labor personnel and other related parties to facilitate claims processing, collect required documentation and provide relevant information.
- Performs substantive secondary assessment of workers' compensation case files for possible reemployment, works with managers, medical facilities, and employees in order to reemploy claimants.
- Reviews forms, documents, and letters created by coworkers for completeness and accuracy before they are submitted to DOL/OWCP or the employee.
- Assists coworkers in researching complex workers? compensation issues and making sound decisions based upon research and circumstances.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 1 or 2 times per year for trainings and/or project work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538015500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.