VSFS is a nine-month, unpaid eInternship. See this year’s projects: http://vsfs.state.gov/projects. eInternships are virtual; students have a flexible schedule.
The government needs the talent, fresh ideas, and digital excellence of U.S. college students. VSFS eInterns will increase the digital capacity of federal agencies participating, whether technically, artistically or via increased communication. eInterns have the opportunity to connect with each other and work collaboratively.Learn more about this agency
VSFS eIntern duties and responsibilities will vary according to the location and needs of each office and VSFS project. VSFS projects may be research based, contributing to reports on issues such as human rights, economics or the environment. They may also be more technology oriented, such as working on web pages, or helping produce electronic journals. Students are expected work virtually on an average of 10 hours per week on VSFS eInternship projects. Most work and projects are internet-based.
Past VSFS projects included:
- Building a platform for host country and American students to exchange their ideas, experience, and knowledge about environmental advocacy
- Identifying and using journalism trends to reach out to students and young journalists
- Expanding a post's English learning and educational advising
- Creating lesson plans on environmental conservation and for schools in remote areas of the country
- Researching, interviewing, and producing a video on visa lottery winners' stories and experiences in the US for Consular outreach
- Data analysis and visualization to argue the benefits of a policy change
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/537941900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.